Kounkuey Design Initiative (KDI) is an innovative international partnership specializing in the practices of architecture, landscape architecture, engineering and urban planning. KDI transforms impoverished communities by collaborating with residents to create low-cost, high-impact built environments (Productive Public Spaces) that improve their daily lives. KDI works in Kibera, Kenya; Coachella, CA; and Bonneau, Haiti.
We are currently looking for an intern to work in our Los Angeles office. This is a great opportunity to learn all facets of non-profit management.
The Los Angeles office internship will provide a candidate with experience in a fast-paced growing non-profit. The intern will work with KDI staff on project management and design, research, grant writing, organizational efficiency, social media public relations and marketing.
• Excitement to learn and grow with the organization
• Ability to work well independently
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Interest in community economic development, architecture, urban planning
• Familiarity with or interest in working in a start-up atmosphere
• Ability to fill in where needed
• Knowledge of social entrepreneurship or micro-finance a plus
• Excellent writing skills
• Familiarity with blog formats and entry
• Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop preferred
We are looking for an intern to start immediately. The internship can be applied to 4 credits and would involve working in the office 2-3 full or half-days.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an unpaid internship.
Please send your cover letter, resume and writing sample (you may include a small portfolio of work if relevant to community development and design) to the attention of Jessica Bremner – email@example.com. Please be sure to reference Los Angeles Office Intern in the subject line of your email.